Pieces that'll help you reach those 2021 fitness goals while looking fabulous as ever.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A lightweight Columbia windbreaker with weather-resistant protection, a must for anyone looking to add early morning bike rides or hikes into their routine. amazon.com, amazon.com
Promising review: "I wear this all the time. It’s been great for me for everything from hiking in light rain to keeping warm in Florida “winters”. As a Floridian, I don’t invest in many true winter clothes, so when I experienced a surprise snowstorm during my March NY trip, this provided a good makeshift, precipitation-resistant outer layer. You can opt for the hood or no hood. It has pockets on the outside that zip shut so you don’t lose anything. There are also pocketed areas on the inside of the jacket to hold things." —Holly
Get it from Amazon for $54.95 (available in women's sizes XS–3X and in seven colors).
2. A tank top and legging matching set you'll feel so ~fly~ in that I bet you'll set a new PR in your cycling class. Rachel Dunkel / BuzzFeed
Promising review (for the top): "I can't stop wearing this — I'm obsessed with the fabric. It's a perfect crop length to pair with high-waisted leggings and/or high waisted denim. I love a good built-in bra tank as well." —Maddie Anzovino
Promising review (for the leggings): "I already have one pair of these and had to get a second. These are my favorite leggings. I use them for everything — hiking, running, camping, groceries, etc. They are too warm for the gym, but I use them for everything else!" —Phoebe
Get the outfit from Backcountry: $56.10+ (for the top; available in women's sizes XS-XL and in five colors) and $82.45+ (for the leggings; available in women's sizes XS-XXL and in five colors).
3. A simple racerback top more than 10,600 people have given five-star reviews to — so you know you can't go wrong by stocking up on every color. Amazon
Promising review: "I rely on reviews to decide on everything I buy, so I thought I’d help a sister out! I just got these in the mail and tried them on and I’m so impressed! I’ve been eyeing these shirts for a while and finally decided to buy them, and I’m so glad I did. Based on the reviews, I was a little unsure about sizing, but I went with my normal small. In my opinion, they're very true to size. The material is soft and not constricting. They are a tad long, but I have a pretty short torso. I’d size up for a looser fit and down if you’re looking for a tight fit. Overall I’m happy, and I think $20 for three shirts is a steal!" —Shelby Jordan
Get a three-pack from Amazon for $16.99 (available in women's sizes XS-XXL and in 11 color combinations).
4. A shiny one-shoulder strap bodysuit that'll instantly boost your confidence level by at least 100% and help you crush whatever your workout (or day) brings your way. Solely Fit
BTW — Solely Fit is a Black woman-owned brand creating functional activewear that looks super nice. The pieces are made to work out in and hang out in. This bodysuit is made from a mix of polyester and spandex, so it fits comfortably.
Get it from Solely Fit for $110 (available in women's sizes XS-XL).
Promising review: "I run half marathons and have DDD boobs and a small frame. I was getting crazy burn marks from other sports bras with underwire. This is amazing. For me, it fits around the ribs (I got the 32E) and the bra band stays in place, doesn't move, really holds my breasts down, and fits comfortably. Everyone that sees it thinks it's such a cute design and the back is cute too. I have one in pink and black. I just bought the one in blue tonight. You also can't beat this price. Highly recommend this sports bra! They're all I wear to workout (I do HIIT, yoga, boot camp type activities, and train/run half-marathons)." —jacquelyn Keeley
Get it from Amazon for $19.99 (available in women's sizes 32A–44E and in 10 colors).
6. A matching sports bra and legging set made to solve the dilemma of what to wear for your workout, because you won't have to worry if your outfit is going to match and can instead focus on doing those burpees. amazon.com, amazon.com
Promising review: "Wow this is my new favorite workout set!! It’s stretchy but is also form fitting and super cute! The material is great quality and the leggings stay in place when you run! I’m going to order in every color!" —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $29.99 (available in women's sizes S-L and 12 colors).
7. A heathered tight you'll be ~running~ to grab as soon as they come out of the wash so you can wear them again and again and again. Hylete
I have these tights and the matching bra, and I love them both so much. The tights are stretchy yet not compressive, and they fit really well. I've done both strength and cardio workouts in them, and they hold up really well. They stay in place and make me look and feel good. I highly recommend the tights (and matching bra).
Promising review: "I love these!! I love that they stay in place and are not see-through! I got lots of compliments on them!!" —Marisol M.
Get them from Hylete for $88 (available in women's sizes XS-XL and in two inseams). And if you want to complete the look, don't forget the matching bra!
8. A strappy sports bra that might seem like it would be just for show, but reviewers swear it's more supportive than it looks. Amazon, amazon.com
Promising review: "This little workout bra is not only super cute on, but it actually supports a lot better than it's advertised to do. I didn't think I'd be able to wear this for a workout and bought it more for around the house. But once I got it, it became obvious I could wear it to the gym. I have run in this (and I'm a 34C), done burpees, box jumps, etc., and everything stays put with no pain. I've had a ton of compliments and two other people have ordered since. I tried one just to see how it fit and then immediately ordered two more." —Jasmine
Get it from Amazon for $17.79 (available in women's sizes S–XXL and 22 colors and patterns).
9. A pair of bike shorts for such a steal you might want to go ahead and just add two to your cart now — you'll thank me later. Forever 21
Get it from Forever 21 for $5.99 (available in women's sizes 0X-3X and in black and nude).
10. A longline sports bra everyone will be eyeing during your virtual yoga class — be careful, you may get a lot of messages afterward asking you where you got it from. amazon.com, amazon.com
Promising review: "I love this so much. It's hands down the best sports bra I’ve ever owned. It runs a tiny bit small, so I sized up one size, and it is still so supportive. It’s so flattering with the long line. That’s actually long and not just an extra-wide strap. I’m ordering more as soon as more colors are available." —Jenna May
Get it from Amazon for $24 (available in sizes XS-XL and in 18 colors and patterns).
11. A pair of mesh shorts that are so basic you literally can't go wrong with them. Amazon
Promising review: "These are comfortable, breathable, and fantastic workout short! They're durable quality and have a nice comfort waistband." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $11.90 (available in women's sizes XS–XXL and seven colors).
12. A mixed media zip-up jacket great for those chilly days when you still want to get outside and get some fresh air during your workout (without freezing of course). 13. A pair of compression pants that'll help you ~squeeze~ in the best workout possible no matter what the temperature is outside. amazon.com, amazon.com
Promising review: "Whew, these things are tight! I'm an average-sized guy, and I'm glad I didn't get the medium. I bought the large. I wear running shorts over them. They keep me warm on runs in the low teens and single-digit temperatures without being too hot once I warm up. I've run many 10-20 miles runs wearing them, and after a few minutes, I forget I'm wearing pants/leggings!" —Amazon Customer
Get them from Amazon for $15.79 (available in men's sizes S–3X and 41 colors, patterns, and packs).
14. A muscle V-mesh back tank with a tie on the bottom, meaning you can wear it tied or untied, thus you basically get two shirts for the price of one. amazon.com, amazon.com
Promising review: "I work out five days a week and have for 20 years. I am pretty picky about my workout clothes. This is the best workout shirt I have found at a good price!! if you want to show off those sexy shoulders, this shirt is a must! I love the feel of the fabric and it is nice and thin, not too bulky! I like to tie it in the back but it can be left untied too." —Crista
Get it from Amazon for $16.98 (available in women's sizes XS-XL and 22 colors and styles).
15. Printed leggings to help you make a statement, and that statement is that you're a fun person who likes to wear fun workout clothes. Rochelle Porter Design / Etsy
Rochelle Porter Design is a Black woman-owned business that has been creating bold print activewear in Atlanta, Georgia since 2015. Many of the prints are inspired by the designer's Caribbean roots. These leggings have a four-way stretch and are made with microfiber yarn.
Promising review: "I love these leggings! They stay put and everyone loves the pattern!" —Christa
Get it from Rochelle Porter Design on Etsy for $69 (available in sizes XS-XL). And get the coordinating bra for $44 (available in sizes XS-2X).
16. The "ultimate" sports bra with more than 19,000 5-star reviews raving about how it fits all different bodies and keeps boobs of all shapes and sizes in place. Shefit
Shefit is a woman-founded business that has been making customizable sports bras since 2010. You can customize not only the fit of the bra but also the support. In this specific bra, the straps can be adjusted and also worn as an X-back or H-back. Plus, sizes 1Luxe and up have 1.25 inches of extra padding in the straps. The bra also has has a 2-inch bust band that works to stabilize the breast tissue and make it more comfortable, no matter how hard your workout is.
Promising review: "I am a fitness instructor who has struggled to find a supportive sports bra. This bra is perfect. I love that I can adjust it. It’s easy to care for. I will be buying more." —Christine S.
Get it from Shefit for $69 (available in women's sizes XS-6Luxe and in seven colors).
You can customize the inseam length to make sure they fit you just right!
Promising review: "I tried these out with low expectations, but they really surprised me. There is almost no difference between these pants and other name-brand ones, other than they are half the price. I bought my normal size and they fit perfectly. I didn't measure the inseam, but I wear 35-36 inseam and they are perfect. I love them!" —Jean
Get it from Amazon for $33.99 (available in women's sizes XS–XXL, inseams 28"–37" and five colors).
18. A houndstooth sports bra and legging set all your followers will be ~hounding~ you for the deets on where you got it as soon as you post your sweaty selfie. Terez
I own this set, and it's currently one of my favorites. The pattern is ah-mazing. Just loud and fun enough to wear all the time without feeling like I'm being "too extra" while I workout. The leggings have a bit of compression to them, and the bra holds me in pretty well. I feel like a superstar when I put on this set. Yes, it's a bit of a splurge, but I def think the quality of the pieces makes it worth it. I can see myself wearing this for a long time.
Get the set from Terez: $65 (for the bra; available in women's sizes XS-XL) and $100 (for the leggings; availabe in women's sizes XXS-XL).
Promising review: "OMG, this is the BEST workout top EVER! I'm really busty (38DD) and have always struggled to find sports bras that really hold the girls down but won't come undone (like the zip-up ones). It hugs you tight on top and is supportive enough that you feel secure, and is loose at the bottom, so it's not tight around your midsection. Size up if you're busty like me! I normally wear a L but decided to buy an XL due to others' advice and it fits perfectly. I'm going to buy more, I love it so much!" —Brittany
Get it from Amazon for $25.99 (available in women's sizes S-XXL and in 17 colors and patterns).
20. A simple pair of athletic shorts with UPF 30+ protection so you can wear them in the summer to keep your skin protected from harmful rays. Amazon
Promising review: "These shorts are awesome! They are super lightweight and comfortable! Some reviews have complained that the pockets are big, but I love them! I have an iPhone 6s, and it's large, I have to be careful when I buy workout pants and shorts because my phone doesn't always fit in them. With these, I never have to worry about it sliding or falling out when I sit down. I'm buying a second pair in a different color, so I would absolutely recommend them to other buyers!" —Randy
Get it from Amazon for $21.99 (available in men's sizes S–4X, tall and in 15 colors).
21. A bodysuit so you can stand out from the crowd, because your workout clothes should be as unique as you are. Pru Apparel
Pru Apparel is a Black woman-owned business creating printed activewear since 2014. They use culturally-inspired prints to celebrate their heritage. This bodysuit has illustrations of Marula trees from South African all over it.
Get it from Pru Apparel for $80 (available in sizes S-XL).
22. A set of crop tank tops that hit perfectly above high-waisted leggings so you don't have extra fabric bunched up around your stomach. amazon.com, amazon.com
Promising review: "I love these! I am definitely not a crop top type of girl, but I decided to try these out for the gym since I like something that doesn’t move too much when I run or lift. With high-waisted leggings, these barely show any skin and are extremely breathable and comfortable." —Desi Brown
Get a four-pack from Amazon for $28.99 (available in women's sizes S-L and in seven color variations).
Promising review: "I'm a stylist and have been trying on many, many Amazon leggings for fit. These are the best for my curvy hips and a smaller waist. I am about a size 12, and these are not too thick but have compression. The feel is GREAT. They seem very high quality. They are so completely comfortable I am wearing them without something covering my butt, for the first time in about a year. (These show off my curves!) I'm wearing a size L and am now shopping for several other pairs!!." —Auretha, Soul Stylist
Get them from Amazon for $29.99 (available in women's sizes XS-XL and in 18 colors and patterns).
24. A cropped tee made with a seamless knit fabric, so this tee will have a ~soft~ spot in your heart as soon as you put it on. Aerie
Promising review: "I'm a 34DDD with broad shoulders and finding shirts to workout in is basically impossible... either my boobs fall out or I look like a linebacker! I ordered this shirt being SUPER skeptical and planned on returning it, but then I tried it on, and I am back ordering one of each color! The length is awesome, and it's really tight on me so it even offers some support in addition to sports bras. It even looks good with my broad shoulders! So glad I took a chance on it!" —Hailey
Get it from Aerie for $17.97 (originally $29.95; available in women's sizes XXS-XXL and in four colors).
25. A front-close sports bra that is so much easier to put on and take off than a typical sports bra, especially if you're covered in sweat. Amazon
The bra machine-washable and is 95% cotton / 5% spandex.
Promising review: "These are the best sports bras EVER! They actually give you enough support and don't give me uni-boob! Plus, they're so much easier to get on as opposed to regular sports bras that are basically a workout to put on over your head and unroll to fit. I can’t wait to buy more soon!" —Stacey D Belt
Get it rom Amazon for $9.97 (available in women's sizes 34–48 and seven colors).
26. A long-sleeved shirt created out of a breathable fabric that also has UPF 50+ in it to protect you from the sun and keep you cool while hiking the Grand Canyon. (Or really any other hike you go on, it doesn't have to be the Grand Canyon.) amazon.com
Reviewers say the shirt runs small and suggest ordering a size up.
Promising review: "We just got back from a vacation in Utah where we hiked nonstop for a week. I have never worn a long-sleeved shirt to hike in when it is warm, but this one was fantastic. Even though I packed other shirts, I kept washing this shirt in the sink, hanging it up to let it air-dry, and wearing it the next day. Unfortunately, all my pictures look like I only have one outfit, so I intend to order a couple more in different colors. It's much better than having to use sunscreen all day long." —callie2
Get it from Amazon for $21.95 (available in women's sizes XS-3X and in 11 colors).
27. A high-waisted ankle leggings with contrasting stitching along the sides for an added detail to take basic black leggings ~the extra mile~. Express
Promising review: "I love these leggings! They are comfortable, and the material is so soft. They fit true to size, and I definitely recommend them." —Eyeris
Get them from Express for $30 (originally $40; available in women's sizes XXS-XL).
28. A sports bra for bigger bust sizes that promises no bounce — and, based on more than 12,000 5-star reviews, delivers. amazon.com
Promising review: "I'm a 36J, and it's hard to find bras let alone sports bras. That bra holds everything in place especially when I jump rope. I highly recommend it. And thank you for making my size." —Lady Fate
Get it from Amazon for $26.99 (available in women's sizes 34C-50J and in eight colors).
29. A racerback muscle tank so you can show off that cute sports bra (and your muscles, of course). amazon.com
Promising review: "I teach fitness classes multiple times per week. This is my go-to top! I have it in six colors. I love the cut on the arm opening up to the neck. Also, the arm opening is low enough to show off a cute sports bra while also being loose enough to maintain appropriateness while 'working.' They wash and dry really well too. It fits true to size." —Ticket81
Get a three-pack from Amazon for $23.99 (available in women's sizes XS–XL and 10 color combinations).
30. Printed bike shorts for when you're feeling ~wild~. And by wild, I mean you want to give your collection of black leggings a break. amazon.com, amazon.com
Promising review: "These are amazinggggg! So buttery soft and comfortable. A lot of shorts ride up and move around while working out, but these did not. So soft and comfy. I want to get more for workouts and just hanging out. I LOVE these. They look just like the picture and fit perfectly." —Jennifer
Get them from Amazon for $20.95 (available in women's sizes XS-XXL and in 13 colors and patterns).
31. A thermal pullover made with a micro-grid fleece that will not only keep you warm during chilly morning runs, but will also wick away any sweat to keep you comfortable so you can truly ~go the distance~. amazon.com, amazon.com
Promising review: "I absolutely LOVE these, and I've bought three now! It has been a chilly, damp winter, and the fleece lining, zip collar, and thumbholes help keep you warm until you warm up from activity, and even then I usually don't get too warm where I have to take it off before I get back home. I also love the big hoodie-style pocket and that it zips securely on both ends — it is more than enough room for a large phone, keys, snacks, and water if you really wanted to lug all that stuff around. And of course, the colors are all great." —P. Flores
Get it from Amazon for $33.99 (available in women's sizes XS-3X and in nine colors).
32. A one-shoulder sports bra to help you up your workout style without compromising on your support — yes, there is a bra out there that can do both. Girlfriend
Promising review: "This bra is everything I didn't know I needed. The fit is perfect, still the same comfy material, but doubles as a top to wear out with some cute jeans. I feel super confident wearing this bra to workout too because it just looks so stylish." —Ashley V.
Get it from Girlfriend for $38 (available in women's sizes XXS-6X and in white, black, and blue).
33. A three-pack of compression tops made with moisture-wicking fabric to keep you dry and comfortable during even the most intense workout. amazon.com
Promising review: "These are great shirts. I use them for jujitsu, and I don't have to worry that they will ride up when I'm rolling. I also wear them as an overshirt for CrossFit. They are lightweight and soft. They definitely run small. I usually wear a medium and got a large, they are still a bit tight. 5'6"/155lbs/athletic build." —Avid Shopper
Get them from Amazon for $32.96 (available in women's sizes S–2XL and 17 color combinations).
Promising review: "I love my shorts so much that I purchased a second and third pair. They are great for my summer walking group. This particular short has pockets for cell phone, keys, or money. I also wear them for spin/circuit-training classes. All the styles I bought have the tummy-control panel and fit high on the waist...PERFECT!!! I totally recommend trying these. I looked in stores all over my area, and couldn't find what I wanted, but I found them on Amazon." —jme
Get them from Amazon for $19.98 (available in women's sizes XS-3X and in 20+ lengths, colors, and styles).
35. A seamless bra and high-waisted leggings set made with 13% Spandex, so it won't be a ~stretch~ to say that this will be your go-to favorite outfit in no time. Abby Kass / BuzzFeed
I learned about Roam Loud from a suggestion in a Facebook workout group that I'm in. I was eager to try the gear, as it's relatively inexpensive and Black-woman owned. I mean a bra and leggings for less than $100 is a pretty good deal in my book. The set is a little different color than it looks on the website, but it's still a rich blue that looks really good. I've worn it a few times to take pretty intense HIIT and weight-lifting classes, and it has held up great. It makes me feel confident and strong — and the color really doesn't show sweat stains (the picture above was taken not long after I finished my workout). I opted to size up, but both the leggings are bra are so stretchy, that your regular size will work.
Get the set from Roam Loud for $69.99 (available in sizes S-L).
Promising review: "I love these shirts! I've been looking for a good workout shirt that doesn't cling around the middle. Not only did this one fit the bill, but it's also about two inches longer than the Champion shirts that I bought for more money. They are incredibly comfortable to work out in but also just look like a regular nonathletic shirt. I don't have any problem wearing them out of the gym and feeling like I have normal street clothes on. And this is much more comfortable than normal street clothes!! I highly recommend!" —Mom-of-Two
Get it from Amazon for $11.95 (available in women's sizes XS-4XL and in 15 colors).
37. Leggings with side pockets to fit your phone and keys, so you can conveniently keep your valuables safe without having to awkwardly hold them. amazon.com
Promising review: "These are my new favorite workout pants! They are so comfortable, look and feel great and, have two side pockets. Those side pockets fit my iPhone comfortably and there is plenty of room left. It’s so practical. I think they run a little big and the fabric is also kind of stretchy. I could probably go with one smaller size and still be fine. I like it how it is, but it is something to consider. I'm definitely going to order more!" —Jessica Anne
Get them from Amazon for $18.99 (available in women's sizes S-XL and in 36 colors and styles).
38. A high-impact sports bra with the power to keep you feeling so secure and confidant that you won't have to hold your arms across your chest when the instructor says it's time to do high knees. amazon.com, amazon.com
Promising review: "First of all, I never write reviews unless I really like the product. This is the best sports bra I’ve ever purchased! The sizes are true and it gives me so much support! I’m big-chested and the medium is perfect." —Chelsey
Get a three-pack from Amazon for $37.99 (available in women's sizes S-3XL and six bra combinations in packs of two, three, or five).
39. Bike shorts made from eco-friendly material so you can look great *and* feel good about your activwear choices. Lively
Get them from Lively for $45 (available in women's sizes XS-XL and in green and black).
Promising review: "These are GREAT! They're made of a super-soft material and are perfect for working out. They are by no means 'compression' material but are great for keeping you cool while exercising. I'm usually XS, but the small fits well. They're not skintight but do cling nicely to my figure. I'm in love!" —Leah
Get them from Amazon for $21.59 (available in women's sizes XS–3X and seven color combinations).
You, knowing you look freakin' fabulous in your new workout gear: Ariana Grande / London Alley
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.
What's your favorite product? Need A Shopping Buddy?
Get great products - from pros in the fine art of buying stuff online - delivered to your inbox!